I created these muffins as a special for my daughter’s birthday. We threw a Mad Hatter Party for her 1st Birthday. I was in charge of the baked goods of course. I baked mini donuts, a violet birthday cake (her name is Violetta Sky), banana mini muffins, and these Chia Pina Colada muffins. One of the essential nutrients I always have in mind when I cook for her are Omega3s, healthy fats! Contrary to popular belief; babies feed, grow strong, and develop a healthy brain from Essential Fatty Acids (Healthy Fats): not protein. Actually Breast Milk is made up almost entirely of these Healthy Fats, about 90% Fat!
In almost everything she eats it has a spoonful of chia seeds, or flax, or coconut oil! Associate Healthy Fats with “brain food” because that’s exactly what it is.
Here’s my recipe for my Chia Pina Colada Muffins. They are crumbly and moist.
Pine Apple Muffins
- 1/2 of a Pine Apple chopped in tiny pieces
- 1/3 C of Maple Syrup
- 1 C of Rice Milk
- 1/3 C of Coconut Oil
- 1/4 C of Chia Seeds (Brain Food!)
- 1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 C of Brown Rice Flour
- 2 Tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp of Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp of Sea Salt
- 3 Tbsp of GF Rolled Oats
- Preheat oven to 350′
- Combine together all ingredients of Bowl 1. Set aside.
- Whisk together all ingredients of bowl 2. When done, add dry ingredient to Bowl 1. Mix well with spatula or wooden spoon.
- Place batter in muffin liners.
- Bake for 35 min at 350′ F