Beet Muffins! The brownish color comes from mixing beets and cinnamon. You can also add cacao powder or use it instead of cinnamon. These muffins are vegan, of course! I used Spelt flour this time. Spelt is not gluten free, but it’s considered a “high end” or better quality wheat. Some people who are gluten sensitive can eat it, but this doesn’t apply to everyone. If you don’t want to bake with spelt flour and want a Gluten Free recipe. Use buckwheat, or garbanzo flour or all purpose gluten free flour.
– 1 C of Spelt Flour or All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
– 1/2 C of Coconut Sugar
– 1/3 C of Coconut Oil
– 1/2 C of Rice Milk
– 1/2 Tsp of Sea Salt
– 1 Tsp of Baking Powder
– 2 Tsp of Baking Soda
– 2 Tbsp of Cinnamon or use Cacao Powder
– 1-2 Baked and Purée Beets
– In one bowl mix all dry ingredients. In another bowl mix all liquid ingredients. Pour dry over liquid and combine with electric mixer.
– Pour batter in a lines tray of regular size muffins and bake for 35 min at 350′ F.