Nothing can compete with the smell of cloves and cinnamon from a fresh-out-of-the-oven homemade loaf of bread. Nothing. Maybe taking a bite, closing your eyes and tasting the different spices. Having a warm bite of Chocolate Zucchini Bread that melts in your mouth with the satisfaction knowing you just baked it. You did it! Nothing compares to that sense of happiness and success. It’s all those lil things in life. It’s baking your own loaf of vegan, naturally sweetened and gluten-free Zucchini bread.
I’ve baked maybe 5 or 7 loaves of this bread. Using the same recipe, tweaking the spices here and there. The result, my perfect recipe of Zucchini Bread. I encourage you to do the same, try adding more cinnamon, or pumpkin spice, or less chocolate, or maybe even trading the zucchini for carrots? If you have time to experiment, enjoy it. If you just wanna take a bite out of this photo, then follow my steps.
Zucchini Chocolate Bread
– 1 Shredded Zucchini or Squash
– 2 Tbsp of Grounded Flax Seed
– 1/2 C of Maple Syrup*
– 1 C of Nut or Rice Milk
– 1/3 C of Melted Coconut Oil
– 1 Tsp of Vanilla Extract*
– 1 1/2 C of Buckwheat Flour
– 2 Tsp of Cinnamon
– 1 Tsp of Cloves
– 2 Tsp Baking Powder*
– 1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
– 1/4 Tsp of Sea Salt
– 3 Tbsp of Cacao Powder*
– 1/2 C of Chocolate Chips*
– Turn your oven on to 350′
– First, have handy two large bowls. In one of them throw in the zucchini, flax and liquid ingredients. That includes the Maple Syrup, Milk, Oil and Vanilla. Mix with a wooden spoon.
– In your other large bowl, sift in the dry ingredients together, except for chocolate chips. Mix well to incorporate all ingredients.
– When ready add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix with wooden spoon.
– Add chocolate chips. Mix one more time.
– Fold mix in your oven tray. I used a loaf bread pan.
– Place in oven for 45 minutes.
*Sometimes basic ingredients as baking powder or cacao get tricky. The package may say one thing but the ingredients other. Always read your ingredients and get familiar with your products. You want to avoid getting aluminum in your baking powder, added sugar in your Vanilla Extract. You want to get Cacao, not Cocoa. And ideally, for the chocolate chips you want to avoid any soy emulsifiers or derivates. I use Enjoy Brand for my chocolate chips and chunks.