Apple Pie anyone? A few days before this recipe I was watching a show where they mention Apple Pie. I could taste it in my mouth just by thinking about it. But who knows when the last time was that I had a bite of an apple pie.
It was 12pm and we had to be out the door in 30 minutes. And still hadn’t prepared breakfast.
Then BOOM! I got an idea. There were two very ripe pears on my fruit bowl, and I had half of an apple in the fridge. Perfect! Opened my pantry and found an almost empty jar of quinoa, probably around 1 cup. Awesome! And my Apple Pie experiment was on its way…
Apple Pie in a Bowl
– 1 C of Quinoa
– 2-3 Pears or Apples (Food Process or blend them leaving chunks visible)
– 2 Tsp of Cinnamon Divided
– 2 Tbsp of Raisins
– 1 Tbsp of Agave
– 2 C of Mylk
– So, I didn’t think about it much and on a sauce pan pour the mylk, then the quinoa. (I usually prepare quinoa with water or veggie broth) Let it boiled, and before covering I added the apple puree, the raisins, the cinnamon and the nuts. Covered and waited 15 minutes.
– Timer went off. MMmmm smells just like I can remember. It’s Apple Pie time!
– Mixed well before serving. Served and sprinkled with the remaining teaspoon of cinnamon. Added some spiraled apples on top, just cause I like to make it pretty. And I savored and enjoyed that Apple pie in the quick 5 minutes it lasted.
This is it. Healthy version of Apple Pie. For a quick 15 minutes breakfast recipe or dessert.