It’s funny how we can all be connected. Even if we don’t know each other but share something in common; in this case yummy bites, and sugarless vegan food!
I bought around 20 organic Granny Apples the other day committed to make something with them. I’ve already played around with an Apple Pie in a Bowl recipe, and Apple a Day Granola. How about an Apple Pie, I thought. But let’s make it Raw!
Browsing my Instagram account, it popped up! A Raw Apple Pie a la Mode by fellow blogger, Mayi Carles from Heartmade Blog. She’s a very sweet with an awesome sense of humor lady always posting her cute cartoons, recipes and motivational videos on her blog and account.
And like that, through the cybernetic currents of the internet for some reason she responded to my thoughts and inspired me to create this delicious Raw Apple Pie. Thank you Mayi!
Raw Apple Pie
– 1 C of Almonds*
– 1/3 C of Shredded Coconut
– 8 Dates*
– 2 Tbsp of Almond Butter
– 2 Tbsp of Coconut Oil
– 2 Tsp of Vanilla
– 1/2 C of Agave
– 1/4 C of Lemon
– 1 Tbsp of Cinnamon
– 2-3 Peeled Apples
– 2 Not Peeled Apples
– 1 C of Pecans*
– 1 Tbsp of Cinnamon
– In a food processor throw all ingredient from the “crust”. Pulse, or blend until getting a thick, grainy texture.
– Take out your mold. You can use a round 9″ mold, or mini 3.5″ individual molds. I used the mini ones.
– Place the “crust” mixture in mold and flatten it out with your hands to create the crust for your pie. When done place mold in freezer.
– In a large bow, throw all ingredients from the “syrup” section and mix or whisk till all ingredients are well incorporated.
– Cut the apples in thin slices. When done cutting all apples throw in bowl with syrup. Mix it all with your hands to make sure every slice of apple has been soaked in the syrup. Let it marinade for 15 minutes or until apples are soft. The peeled ones will absorbed the syrup better than the not-peeled ones. I like that, it adds different textures to the pie.
– Remove mold from freezer. Place apples in mold arranging them as you please. Feel free to pout left over syrup on top of pie if desired. Or keep in a Mason Jar in your fridge.
– To make crust, pulse the pecans and cinnamon in a food processor. Do not grind completely, you want to see little crumbs of pecans. When done, simply sprinkle crumbs on top of pie.
– Freeze again.
To enjoy of your pie remove from freezer 20 minutes before destroying it hehe, you can also pair it up with homemade raw ice cream.