Now that I’m doing Homemade Almond Milk on a weekly basis I have to come up with ideas to use the left over Almond Pulp.
We can do two things with that pulp. You can dehydrate it for 24 hours at the lowest temperature. When done dehydrating, grind it in a coffee grinder or in a high speed blender. That’s how you make “Almond Meal” use it as flour. Keep it in an air tight container at room temperature. Or we can use the pulp immediately after making the milk to create Raw or any Bakegoods you have in mind.
That is how this yummy coconut chocolate chip cookies were created. They are chewy, nicely sweet and pair up perfectly with our Nut Milk.
Note: Almond Pulp and Almond Meal can not be interchangeable. Almond Pulp is moist. The Almond Meal has no water content.
Cookies Made from Almond Pulp
– 1 C of Almond Pulp
– 1/2 C of Maple Syrup
– 1/2 C of Chocolate Chips (I use Enjoy Brand)
– 3/4 C of Dried Shredded Coconut
– Sea Salt
– Combine all ingredients in food processor.
– Transfer to a bowl and add chocolate chips.
– Scoop out the dough with a measuring spoon.
– Flatten it out with your hands to form cookie.