I have a bunch of ideas to start your day with an energetic, filling and of course delicious Raw Breakfast. Only thing you have to do is plan ahead. Soak your grains in a mason jar, wash them next morning and keep in your fridge to use later on that week. If you don’t think you will use them in the next couple of days, simply freeze them.
Just like our Warm Steel Cut Oat Bowl which provide us with protein, fiber and energy, Buckwheat does too! It has a more nutty deep flavor. But it’s as delicious as the Steel Cut Oat Cereal. Pair Buckwheat with chocolate, banana or Raw almond butter.
Raw Buckwheat Porridge
– 1 C of Buckwheat Groats (Not Kasha, Kasha is roasted Buckwheat. Unless you want to warm up this cereal. But it won’t be raw anymore)
– 2 C of Homemade Almond Milk
– 2 Ripe Bananas
– 1 Tbsp of Raw Almond Butter
– 1 Tbsp of Cacao Powder
– Nuts, Seeds, Dried Fruit (Your choice)
– In a food processor combine the buckwheat, milk, banana, almond butter and cacao powder. Blend till smooth.
– Serve immediately and pair with your favorite dried fruits, nuts and seeds.