My next Cooking Class is coming up in a week. It’s an intimate time we have to cook, ask questions and learn tips and tricks that will make your cooking at home more pleasant. Every class I introduce a new theme to my students to keep our progress fun and to addressed different needs we may have in our daily life.
On Saturday, April 26th (our next class) we’ll be learning how to make “Fast Food” recipes like pizza, and milk shakes….and finger foods! So next time we want to host a game or reunion at our house, our guest will be fighting over the left over bits instead of complaining about “vegan food”. They will never guess the pizza, or nacho cheese is dairy-free, and even good for you!
Here’s one of my latest pizza crust recipes. I prepared it for breakfast so the crust is sweeter than a regular pizza crust I achieved this flavor by using Oat Flour and Corn. When the dough was ready I simply added raw vegetables on top. Didn’t bake them! For “cheese” I grounded Cashews and Nutritional Yeast together and sprinkled on top. It was delicious needless to say!
Gluten Free Pizza Crust
– 3 Flax Eggs
– 1 C of Oat Flour (GF)
– 1 Corn Kernels (Simply use a knife to cut them off the cob)
– 1/4 C of Coconut Oil
– 1 Tsp of Onion Powder
– 1 Tsp of Garlic Powder
– Preheat oven to 350′ F
– Prepare the Flax eggs. I generally mix them with a spoon for 30 seconds and set aside while I gather the rest of my ingredients.
– Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend till smooth.
– The batter is very liquid so we can’t shape it with our hands, but using a big spoon you can spread it around a round pizza tray.
– Place in oven for 50 min. Leave in oven for 10 more minutes if you want a crustier texture.
– Top with your favorite salsa and veggies.