Creating this Coconut Mint Donuts was truly a challenge for me. I wanted to use Coconut Flour, but that flour is my best friend and worst enemy. To my experience coconut flour absorbs the moisture of all my bake goods leaving me with cracked chalky muffins or cakes. I limit myself using coconut flour for frosting or spreads mostly. However, I was not gonna let that stop me this time. At the end, the only way of achieving anything is by trying, right?!
And I did! Here’s my recipe for Mint Coconut Donuts! They are naturally gluten free, of course vegan, and naturally sweetened.
Coconut Vegan Donuts
– 3/4 C of Coconut Flour
– 3/4 C of Brown Rice Flour
– 1/4 C of Arrowroot
– 1 1/2 Tsp of Baking Powder
– 1/2 Tsp of Salt
– 1/2 Tsp of Baking Soda
– 1/2 Tsp of Xanthan Gum
Whisk all dry ingredients and set aside.
– 1 C of Maple Syrup
– 1/3 C of Coconut Oil
– 1/4 C of Almond Butter
– 2 Tbsp of Mint Extract or Vanilla
– 1/2 Tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
Mix with an Electric Mixer.
When smooth fold in liquid ingredients into 1st Bowl and add 1 C of Hot Water.
– Mix with a wooden spoon or spatula.
-When done, in a greased donut mold drop the batter with a spoon.
– Place in oven for 15min at 350′ F
– After baking them. Let the donuts cool completely before removing from mold.
– Top with your favorite frosting! I topped mine with melted chocolate and sprinkled them with coconut sugar!