MothersDay has never had the same meaning to me as it does now. I love my mom and grandma,and this day has always been about them. But not until this last year has passed was I able to fully grasp what they have gone through and what it is to be a mom. Of course life is not the same. What seemed important to us one day, now is completely forgotten. Even our own self becomes secondary, and nothing is more important than the happiness and health of our lil baby. Some of us give up our jobs, sleep, nights out, junk food and sometimes even sex (or at least not that often). Time for ourselves becomes a luxury. Some other moms need to work 24/7 and leave their babies in day care or with grandparents. Our priorities change. Our routine is up to our kids. Now we mommas wake up at 6am to giggles and smiles of that little bundle of joy. Or we learn to become ambidextrous and can sign with left hand or cook with one hand only. Or we discover we have these amazing cat reflexes and can grow eyes on the back of our head. Sometimes we have to be a “mom” like our moms to our kid, and we look at ourselves in the mirror and just see another kid. Sometimes life doesn’t make sense at all, and we have no idea what we are doing or where to go. But the only thing we can be sure of is, that everything that we do, even every bit of air we take is for our daughters and sons. We moms are completely different from one another and raise our kids thinking we are doing the best. Cause it’s with love. Don’t let anyone tell you different. You are doing a good job. Cause nobody else will understand you unless they walk your shoes. They don’t know what it is to come home to your baby and receive a hug so deep and so tight, it makes every problem or care float away in the day. They have no idea what we’ve been through. To all moms and daddies happy Mothers Day. Don’t take shit from no one. We have our kids and that’s the best feeling in the whole wide universe.
Now, let’s translate those feelings of love into brunch. Cause, you know, the best way to say “I love You” is with chocolate😉
Gluten Free Chocolate Pancakes
– 1/2 C of Garbanzo Flour
– 1/2 C of Brown Rice Flour
– 1/4 C of Shredded Coconut
– 1/4 C of Cacao Powder
– 1.5 C of Rice Milk
– 3 Tbsp of Ground Flax
– 3 Tbsp of Coconut Oil
– 2 Tbsp of Agave
– 1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
– 1 Tsp Chocolate Extract (you can use vanilla)
– 1/2 Tsp of Baking Soda
– 1 Tsp of Baking Powder
– Whisk all ingredients together by hand in a bowl. Or blend in food processor.
– Heat up pan first. When hot, pour around 1 Tsp of Coconut Oil.
– Scoop batter and pour in pan for your first pancake.
– When pancake looks like its edges are cooked and has several bubbles on top, flip.
– Wait around 3-5 minutes and flip again. Repeat one more time.
– Serve and enjoy!
Strawberry Fig Jam
– In a food processor thrown in whole strawberries, around 7-8. Then throw in about 5-6 figs previously soaked in water for 30-60 minutes. Blend till smooth!