This raw carrot soup is so fast to make, it’s awesome for days when you don’t feel like cooking or for nights when you are exhausted and hungry. Raw Carrot Soup is filling and hearty, you can make it creamy almost like a dip texture, or smooth and more light like a broth soup. You can also enjoy it cold, or heat it up with the blades of your blender and it will still be considered, raw.
The key ingredient for this soup, beside the carrots, are cashews! Cashews and water are the base for this soup, and according to the thickness that you’d like you can add more cashews which equals to creamy, or more water for a lighter texture.
Raw Carrot Soup
– 1 C of Raw Cashews (Soaked)
– 1 – 2 Tbsp of Yellow Miso
– 4 – 5 Carrots peeled (optional) and cut in chunks
– ¼ Tsp of Curry Powder
– ¼ Tsp of Ginger Powder
– ½ Tsp of Sea Salt
– 1 Tsp of Coconut or Soy Aminos (optional)
– 3 C of Spring Water
– Soak Cashews for 30 min – 4 hours. Discard hour, drain and rinse.
– Peel carrots (if not using organic) and cut in 1” chunks
– In a high speed blender, fold cashews and water first, blend for 1 min.
– Add rest of ingredients and continue blending.
– Taste and add more spices or water if needed.
– Continue blending till reaching desired consistency.