Nut-Free Granola Squares created specially for my sister. She is allergic to something that causes a skin reaction. We are not sure what it is, but by doing the elimination “diet” we’ve been seen results. We are trying to figure out what she is allergic to. She dropped out nuts, gluten, and citrus and already carries a vegan diet. Reason why I made these nut free granola squares from Yvonne’s phone app “My Eclectic Kitchen.” Her original recipe calls for peanut butter and slivered almonds. I used instead tahini and black sesame seeds. Her instructions were easy to follow, and it is so convenient to have it on the phone. The phone app is fun to navigate and makes you wanna jump in the kitchen after seen her amazing creations.
Check her out!
Phone App: My Eclectic Kitchen
Nut Free Granola Squares
Recipe adapted from Yvonne’s My Eclectic Kitchen App
– 2 Flax Eggs
– 1/2 C of Tahini
– 1/2 Tsp of Sea Salt
– 1/3 C of Coconut Sugar
– 1/4 C of Maple Syrup
– 1/3 C of Coconut Oil
– 1/2 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
– 2 C of GF Rolled Oats
– 1/4 C of Black Sesame Seeds
– 1/3 C of Enjoy Chocolate Chips
– Preheat oven to 350′ F
– Line a 9×12″ or a 8×8″ oven tray with parchment paper.
– Create your flax egg, and set aside.
– In a medium bowl add salt, sugar, oil, and tahini and combine together.
– Add the rest of ingredients and incorporate well by mixing with wooden spoon.
– Pour mixture in tray, and press down with a spatula so granola is even on tray.
– Bake for 33 minutes. Let the granola cool down, and then refrigerate over night.
– Next morning, remove granola from fridge, remove from tray and carefully cut in squares.
– Enjoy best chilled!