Ice cream for breakfast. This is a typical breakfast of mine, although I switch the fruits up and try different combinations. Sometimes I add more liquid; coconut water or nut milk and it becomes a smoothie. Or sometimes, it’s just creamy enough to call it “ice cream” for breakfast.
This breakfast is actually a fun and practical way of adding more of the good stuff to your life. It’s easy to make, it’s fun and its delicious. But the most important thing, it’s for the whole family! (My daughter loves it)
This Banana Ice Cream with Açai, or Açai Nana Ice Cream as its called by many food bloggers is a valuable source of antioxidants. I’m using Acai to flavor my ice cream, but any other frozen fruit can be used instead. Frozen cherries, mangoes, peaches. You can even add greens! And I promise you, you won’t taste their flavor in the ice cream –it will affect the color a little bit though.
So, I know you have heard this “antioxidant” word here and there, and in many of my posts. But I’m gonna break it down here with a simple description so you know exactly what it’s I’m talking about. Antioxidants are pigments of color found in fruits and vegetable that as its name indicates it, helps “stop oxidation”, or in other words, it rejuvenates our dead and damage cells, and protects the good ones. Antioxidants are only found in plant based foods, the richer their color, the more antioxidants you’ll get per bite.
Now that we got down the base of our ice cream, let’s move to the toppings.
To top this delicious ice cream choose superfoods! You have so many beautiful toppings to choose from the superfood category. All of them are bright in color and nutrient dense. In this case I’m using hemp seeds which is a complete protein, and a great source of Omega 3. Pollen, also a super fruit and Nature’s “complete food” it’s also a protein and has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. And the red “raisins” you see in the pictures are “Goji Berries” one of the top superfruits with the highest amount in antioxidants to ever exist!
…and that’s it for today. I won’t take more time from you. I leave you with this quick and simple recipe. Don’t forget to use Frozen Bananas as it’s key to this recipe to achieve that creamy texture and sweet flavor.
Banana Ice Cream
Ingredients/ Helado de Banano para Desayuno
– 2 Frozen Bananas/ 2 Bananas Congeladas
– 1 C of Frozen Fruit/ 1 C de Fruta Congelada
– 2 Tbsp to 1/4 C of Coconut Water or Nut Milk/ 2 Cdas a 1/4 C de Agua de Coco o Leche de Nueces
– Superfood Toppings/ Decoracion de “Superfoods”
– Place all ingredients except for the superfoods in a blender./Pon todos los ingredientes en la licuadora, excepto por la decoración o toppings.
– Blend till smooth and creamy./ Mezcla todos los ingredientes hasta obtener una textura cremosa.
– Serve in a glass or bowl and top with superfoods. / Sirve tu helado en una copa o recipiente hondo y decora con los toppings de tu elección.