Weekends are for brunch. Monday thru Friday it’s the quick and healthy breakfast you sometimes don’t even have time to sit down and enjoy. But Saturday and Sunday. Oooh! That’s sunshine, that’s breeze through my windows, a little reggae to lift the vibe up and…. chocolate pancakes.
However, what stretches the smile on my face the most is my daughter’s joy de vivre; her messy hair-do like her mom, her un-matching pajamas, green whiskers from our morning juice and her eating, or better said, devouring of my chocolate protein pancakes.
These are my protein chocolate pancake recipe. They are mild sweet, and bound together by the use of protein power. Any protein powder will do, but I recommend getting a superior quality protein that’s free of artificial sugars and other isolates ingredients. I buy “Raw Meal” protein, Sunwarrior is also a good brand to get.
Chocolate Protein Pancakes
– 1 C of Hemp Milk
– 1 C of Oat Flour
– 2 Tbsp of Coconut Palm Sugar
– 1.5 Tbsp of Chocolate Protein Powder
– 0.125 to 0.25 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
– 0.25 of Sea Salt
– 0.5 of Baking Powder
– 1.5 Tbsp of Cacao Powder
– 1 Tbsp of Flax Seed
– 1 Tbsp of Coconut Oil (Reserve some extra to grease up the pan)
– I believed I used a bullet to mix the batter, but you can also use a food processor or a blender.
– Throw in your [mixing] machine all ingredients and mix till batter becomes homogeneous.
– Meanwhile, turn stove to medium heat and let the pan warm up before greasing it up. You can test the temperature of the pan by dropping some drops of water on it. If they sizzle. It’s hot.
– Grease pan, and pour .25 C of batter per pancake. Fit in the pan as many as you can.
– Flip once it starts bubbling up, and cook for 3-4 minutes more.
– Repeat process with the rest of the batter.