Even for someone like me, packing lunch for my daughter becomes a challenge. I’m not sure what’s the set up at school when they eat, but I know they don’t have an hour to wait for her to finish her plate. That, and food is probably cold. Plus, since all the kids bring all their own food and it’s all different, she has no one to follow. So it all becomes a challenge.
How can I pack her lunchbox so she can eat! It’s my daily question…
She loves pancakes. Let’s start there. So I’m just adding all those superfoods and superpowders I have for breakfast in my smoothie, to the pancake batter, and hope that this way, she can get the fingerfood that she likes, and the nutrition she needs to be vibrant and happy.
I’v tried this recipe several times by now. Usually I make them with Hemp Protein, and frozen blueberries. If you decide to skip the protein powder, simply use 1/4 C less of nut milk in the recipe.
– 2 Flax Egg (Beat in the bowl, 2 Tbsp of Flax Meal with 6 Tbsp of Water)
– .5 C of Buckwheat Flour
– .25 Tsp of Baking Powder, and Sea Salt
– .125 Tsp of Baking Soda
– .25 Tsp of Cinnamon Powder
– .25 C of Hemp Protein or other Protein Powder
– 8 Drops of Stevia or 2 Tbsp of Maple Syrup
– 2 Tbsp of Coconut Oil
– 1 Tbsp of Vanilla Extract
– .75 C of Rice Milk or Nut Milk
– 1/3 C of Frozen Blueberries
– Mix the “flax egg” in a big bowl first.
– Add all dry ingredients and whisk.
– Add the liquid ingredients and whisk throughly.
– Lastly, add frozen blue berries
– Heat skillet and grease with coconut oil.
– Once the skillet is warm, add batter.
– When the pancake starts bubbling up, flip it and cook for 2 minutes,