Lately I’ve been baking with all sorts of superfoods and superherbs. It’ not about removing the good pleasurable treats that we love to eat, it’s more about adding more of the good stuff. I added a Reishi Tincture, and a homemade Chaga Tincture to the cookies, plus a little bit of Maca for that malt-vanilla like flavor which I happen to love.
These cookies came out.. ah! My best so far! They are chewy, with such a delicious flavor combination of chocolate and vanilla. You can’t taste the mushrooms, it just highlights the rich tones of chocolate in the recipe.
Of course, you can make this recipe with out the tinctures. This is just a personal preference of mine.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
– 1/3 C of Coconut Oil
– 1/3 C of Coconut Sugar
– 1/3 C of Maple Syrup
– 1 C + 1/3 C of Oat Flour
– 1 C of Garbanzo Flour
– 1/4 Tsp of Sea Salt
– 2 Tbsp of Vanilla Extract
– 1 Tbsp of Maca
– 2 Full Droppers of Reishi Tincture
– 2 Full Dropppers of Chaga Tincture
– 1/3 C of Chocolate Chips
– Preheat over to 350′ F
– In a medium size bowl mix in the coconut oil with the sugars.
– Add the flours and sea salt and mix again till forming a gooey dough
– Add tinctures if available, vanilla extract, and maca, mix one more time till well incorporated
– Add chocolate chips and mix again.
– Scoop out dough and drop on lined oven tray.
These cookies won’t raise or expand because they don’t have any baking soda or baking powder added to them.
– Bake for 12 minutes. Let them cool down, and enjoy!