I gave you my meatball recipe. Now, I can’t let you go with out giving you my mushroom bolognese sauce to serve with your meatballs and pasta. Here’s it is how it rolls…
– 1/2 C Yellow Onion, dice small
– 3-4 Garlic Cloves, minced (chopped very small)
– 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
– 3-4 Pinches of Pink Salt
– 3-4 Slim Carrots
– 3.5 of Mushrooms (Shiitake or Crimini preferably)
– 1 Jar of Crushed Tomatoes (Jovial Brand)
– 1/2 C of Sundried Tomatoes
– 2-3 Tbsp of Dried Basil or 1 Clam of Fresh Basil (only the leaves)
– 1.5 Tbsp of Coconut Sugar
– In a medium sauce pot, over medium heat, pour over the oil and salt.
– Once hot, add the chopped onion and the garlic.
– Let it sit and get translucent on the pan, then add the dried basil and mix. Note: If adding fresh basil, throw in with the tomato sauce)
– Add roughly chopped peeled carrots, sliced mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
– Then add the crushed tomato sauce, and coconut sugar
– Mix with a spoon to incorporate all ingredients together.
– Let it boil, then lower the heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
– Check the carrots with a fork, if they are soft, transfer all ingredients to a food processor, if not, simmer for additional 5 minutes.
– Once in the food processor, pulse on high a couple times, till achieving texture shown in photo. Taste it for salt, if it doesn’t have a punch of flavor, alternatively, you can add one more teaspoon of coconut sugar.